Re: [Re: Can't boot 2.4.17 or 2.5.1 kernel] problem solved ?!

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 23:55:09 EST

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:55:23AM +0100, Fabrice Eudes wrote:
> more seriously, thanks to all the people making the ac kernel-variants.
> Just one more -silly?- question: it seems -for me at least- that some
> of the ac patches should be integrated in the kernel, why aren't they ?
> (I repeat that ANY 2.4.17 variant I compiled won't even boot ! I'm not
> talking about kernel panic here)
> is my hardware so exotic ??

You should probably report this to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

A more detailed description of your hardware and config options
would probably also help. If you're willing to try some patches
that might help with debugging early boot failures that might
also give some insight into your troubles.

Cheers,
Bill