Re: [reiserfs-dev] Kernel(>2.4.16) BUG with reiserfs.

From: Oleg Drokin (green@namesys.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 04:00:02 EST

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:41:48AM +0100, peter wrote:

> With all kernels newer than 2.4.16 (eg. that's that last that works for
> me), I get a kernel BUG when remounting my rootfs (which is a reiserfs)
> for rw access. After the init scripts complete I can log into my machine
> but anything calling sync will freeze it hard.
Thanks a lot for your report. We were waiting for somebody to get fs in this
state (because we cannot reproduce problem locally).
How big your root partition is?

> anybody any ideas?
Can you please send us image of your root partition, if it is not big,
or at least the metadata snapshot.
(you can get metadata snapshot by running
debugreiserfs -p /dev/xxx |gzip -c >metadata.gz)
You need to make this with filesystem unmounted.

Thank you.

Bye,
    Oleg