Re: How to check the kernel compile options ?

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@bonn-fries.net)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 15:54:30 EST

On February 7, 2002 09:34 pm, Mike Touloumtzis wrote:
> Some possible available avenues of argument for you are:

I think you're just arguing for the sake of argument, which basically sums
up all the arguments we've seen against this.

Let me put it in simple terms: you've got an alarm clock, haven't you? When
you set the alarm, you don't need to have any little light on the front that
tells you the alarm is set, do you? Because, after all you're not stupid,
you know you set it. And you can always get out of bed and look at the
position of the switch, right?

(I hope I just demonstrated the difference between reducto ad absurdum and
'just plain silly'.)

--
Daniel