Re: 2.5.4-pre1 (decoded) oops on boot in device_create_file

From: Alessandro Suardi (alessandro.suardi@oracle.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 19:10:00 EST

Patrick Mochel wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2002, Peter Osterlund wrote:
>
> > Alessandro Suardi <alessandro.suardi@oracle.com> writes:
> >
> > > Must be my time of the year - first the kmem_cache_create one in
> > > 2.5.3-pre[45], now this one (should happen about PCI allocation
> > > of one of the Xircom CardBus resources):
> >
> > I had the same problem with 2.5.4-pre2. The patch below makes my
> > laptop able to boot again, but I don't know if the patch is correct.
>
> That looks ok, since cardbus behaves internally much like PCI.
>
> I'll check if there's anything else that needs to happen.

In the meantime I can confirm Peter's fix makes my laptop boot again :)

> Btw, thanks - I missed the original email in the sea of all the rest ;)

Uhm - well I could have directly addressed you as owner of the area
 changes, so my fault.

Thanks,

--alessandro

 "If your heart is a flame burning brightly
   you'll have light and you'll never be cold
  And soon you will know that you just grow / You're not growing old"
                              (Husker Du, "Flexible Flyer")