Re: Hardwired drivers are going away?

From: Dr. Kelsey Hudson (kernel@blackhole.compendium-tech.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 19:19:08 EST

This bothers me. I prefer building a monolithic kernel with only a few
drivers compiled as modules (e.g. those drivers which are under active
development and are upgraded often). I believe firmly that certain drivers
should be part of the monolithic kernel.... either way, i'm not about to
debate it. i'd just like to know exactly why this is being done, and to
lodge an objection against it.

--
 Kelsey Hudson                                           khudson@ctica.com
 Software Engineer