Re: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 23:13:33 EST

In article <20020209155258.E18734@work.bitmover.com>,
Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> wrote:

>This is because the dependencies are incorrect in the makefiles. If you
>have correct dependencies in the makefiles, make will do the right thing.

Modulo bugs.

For some reason, on my work machine, "make" will not correctly check out
files that are "include"d from the makefile.

On my home machine, it will.

The really interesting thing is, they're both make 3.79.1.

Besides, I'd at least personally rather do "bk -r get -q" than have to
watch those SCCS files and BitKeeper files. That way the filename
completion works inside the shell too..

                        Linus