APM fix from -pre7 seems to break "Dell laptop support"

From: Greg Louis (glouis@dynamicro.on.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 08:04:48 EST

With CONFIG_I8K=y and Massimo Dal Zotto's i8k utilities, it's necessary
for me to revert Stephen Rothwell's 2.4.17-APM.1 patch that went into
18-pre7. If I don't, CPU temperature readings jump around erratically
and the fans come on at the wrong temperatures. I reported this to
Stephen and on lkml at the time -pre7 came out, but the problem is
still there in -pre9. If the patch offers real benefits to non-Dell
folk I guess I can just continue reverting...

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg@bgl.nu |