Re: [reiserfs-dev] 2.5.4-pre1: zero-filled files reiserfs

From: Oleg Drokin (green@namesys.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 00:51:40 EST

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:07:13PM +0100, Alex Riesen wrote:

> hmm.. You're demanding too much(mkreiserfs) - it's my home partition :)
At least reiserfsck before any tests is almost mandratory ;)

> Maybe the corruptions are from previous kernels, but the zero-files
> are observed for the first time, particularly in the .bash_history.
Yes, but you said with the patch you cannot reproduce zero files anymore.

> Sorry for such a dirty test environment, i was really not prepared.
> Logs attached.
I am sorry, but there are so many variables, these logs are barely useful as
of now.
If you can reproduce on a clean filesystem with not faulty hardware, that would be interesting, though.

Thank you.

Bye,
    Oleg