RE: [Alsa-devel] Re: ALSA patch for 2.5.4

From: James Courtier-Dutton (James@superbug.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 20:03:59 EST

I am pretty sure that Linus will not want to be copied on all these emails.
The result is likely to be that he reads none of them.
I don't think that at this stage we should be talking to Linus Torvalds at
all. He is probably too busy.
I think that a much better approach would be to talk to the current kernel
oss sound developers, and get alsa checked into the kernel via them.
I think that one person should be responsible for linux kernel sound, so
that Linus Torvalds does not have to ignore so much email due to overload.

When I have too many emails in my email box, single short(5 lines) emails
get read, whole discussion threads get left unread.
So a simple "Here is the final alsa sound patch for the kernel" from someone
Linus already knows would in my view be more successful.

My 2 cents.

James