Re: thread_info implementation

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 20:32:36 EST

   From: David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com>
   Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:21:40 -0800

   The task pointer lives in the thread pointer register (r13), so it's
   trivial to address off of it.

So why don't you put the, oh my gosh, "THREAD INFO POINTER" into the
thread pointer register instead? That is what I did and everything
transforms naturally, you will need to make zero modifications to
assembly code besides the offset macro names and that you can even
script :-)