Re: thread_info implementation

From: Davide Libenzi (davidel@xmailserver.org)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 21:49:26 EST

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, David Mosberger wrote:

> DavidM> I implemented the thread_info stuff, and I checked out the
> DavidM> performance, have you?
>
> So why don't you share the results? Perhaps then I can see the light,
> too. With the exception of task coloring, the thread_info is strictly
> more work and it's possible to do task coloring without thread_info.

This one does task colouring and stack pointer jittering for x86 :

http://www.xmailserver.org/linux-patches/misc.html#TskStackCol

Also i think Manfred Spraul has something that does task colouring. It has
been tested by a guy in fujitsu ( Japan ) on 8 way machines by giving pretty
good results. The stack jittering part seemed not to give too much
improvements though ...

- Davide