Re: faking time

From: Nick 'Sharkey' Moore (sharkey@zoic.org)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 01:09:06 EST

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:49:39AM +0000, SA products wrote:

> I want to fake the time returned by the time() system call so that for a
> limited number of user space programs [...]

Hi. I'm experimenting with a patch to User Mode Linux which enables
it to do this sort of thing.

Other responses (eg, LD_PRELOAD) here are probably more directly useful
to you, but I thought User Mode Linux bore mentioning anyway, depending
on what you're trying to achieve[1].

        <URL:http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/>

-----sharks
[1] Just out of interest, what _are_ you trying to achieve?