Re: TUN/TAP driver doesn't work.

From: Jeff Dike (jdike@karaya.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 10:49:37 EST

mzawadzk@cs.stevens-tech.edu said:
> Did they change values of #defines for TUN/TAP ioctls' numbers, or
> what?

Yup, they sure did.

> If so, that's quite bad in my opinion (what if somebody had
> binary-only version of his client?).

Yup, it sure is. It screwed UML over too.

BTW, if you (or anyone else) still needs to look at working TUN/TAP code,
UML has had a TUN/TAP network backend for a while. See
arch/um/drivers/tuntap*.

I've also got persistent TUN/TAP support mostly working in my private pool,
it will appear in a patch shortly.

                                Jeff