Re: Unknown Southbridge (was: Disk-I/O and kupdated@99.9% system (2.4.18-pre9))

From: Florian Hars (florian@hars.de)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 06:42:13 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:36:19PM +0100, Florian Hars wrote:
> > [Via VT8233A Southbridge]
>
> I've sent a patch to Jens Axboe for inclusion into 2.4, so it might be
> in 2.4.18. If you find any flaws, please tell me soon enough so I can
> stop the inclusion in time ...

I made a naive stress test (untaring a 5GB archive into an ext3 filesystem
on a LVM volume, while running fsx on the same filesystem (don't know if it
is relevant for this problem) and throwing in an occasional hdparm -Tt) and
everything looked good, even mozilla was still responsive.

Thanks for your help.

Yours, Florian.