Re: IDE cleanup for 2.5.4-pre3

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 16:53:26 EST

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 06:10:13PM +0100, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11 2002, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!

> > > Looks good to me.
> >
> > Is it "Looks good to me, applied", or "Looks good to me, good luck
> > pushing it to Linus?" :-).
>
> As in I've applied it to my tree, it should find it's way upwards :-)

Here is another version of the patch, doing more extensive cleanups of
unnecessary casts, unnecessary assignments and (void *) pointers where
typed pointers should be.

I'm not sure if it's better to replace the Pavel's original one with
this one or to combine them together - this one is less intrusive and
even Andre shouldn't find a nit to pick in it ...

Decision is yours.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs