Re: 2.4.x ALI IDE strangeness

Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 18:05:11 EST

Bob,

I'm also experiencing strange hangs with DMA on and ALI15x3.
I'm using an ASUS A7A266 motherboard.

Make sure that the BIOS setting of "PNP OS" is off

I can turn DMA on using hdparm, however my system freezes up
if I try some heavy work like a kernel compile.

I'm sure there is a kernel bug here, I'm trying to find
a kernel developer who is interested in investigating it.

Regards. Paul