RE: AX25 Patches for 2.4.17 and above - have they been included y et

From: Henk de Groot (ELN) (Henk.de.Groot@eln.ericsson.se)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 03:05:58 EST

Hello Tomi

> From: Tomi Manninen [mailto:tpm@prkele.tky.hut.fi]
> It's in 2.4.18-pre9.

Thanks. I'm using the latest patch from Jeroen for a month now (in a 2.4.16 kernel - the 2.4.17 kernel seems to have - not HAM related - problems). It seems to work fine.

Do you know if a patch against the "protocol is buggy" messages is also planned? I think it will be long before the HAM programs will be switched to the new packet-driver and it is a bit pointless to have the logs floaded with these messages. It's better to have one "depricated" warning once when opening the socket with AF_INET or PF_INIT and SOCK_PACKET making clear what's causing it.

Kind regards,

Henk.