Re: Opses

From: Markus Schaber (markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 05:35:19 EST

Hello,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Markus Schaber wrote:

> It happened using 2.4.14, 2.4.27 and one or two 2.4 versions I don't
> remember now.

Sorry, it should read 2.4.17, not 2.4.17 :-(

Some of you asked for additional information, so here it is:

I don't remember which older kernels also produced this behaviour, but it
is very likely that 2.4.10 is one of them.

The machine is used as an internet server, running apache, zope, php,
postgresql, ftp-proxy and nfc-chat. It also runs a tivoli storage manager
client (dsmc) to take part in the university backup system, and has a
local X server and sshd for maintainance purpses. There are some other
standard daemons (ntp, cron etc.) running, but the machine does no routing
/ firewalling etc.

cpuinfo tells the following: (Yes, I know it is no good to run a server on
a Duron, but this decision was not mine.)

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 3
model name : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping : 1
cpu MHz : 700.054
cache size : 64 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips : 1395.91

I also attached a .bzip2'ed variant of my 2.4.17 .config file.

[I'll be away 'till monday. I have access to the machine and my mail via
ISDN dialin over the weekend, but have to pay time-based.]

Thank you,
Markus Schaber