Re: Disgusted with kbuild developers

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 11:51:47 EST

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com>:
> I would find this pathetic, if it didn't make me so mad.
> Making an end run around the system, are we, Eric?

No. I'm doing what Dirk Hohndel recommended I do during a phone call
that happened at his initiative, last Friday morning.

What "system" would you be referring to, anyway, Jeff? Is there some
reason a respected open-source developer like Dirk who has concerns
should not have a conversation with Linus to address problems he thinks
are significant? Is there some reason I should not have asked the kbuild
team members to give him appropriate background?

I don't understand what is upsetting you. Is there some rule that all
conversations with Linus must go through Jeff Garzik? If so, I was never
informed of it.