Re: Disgusted with kbuild developers

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 00:02:20 EST

That Linux Guy wrote:

> The amount of whining I've had to read today on this topic just astonishes
> me. People, please - devote 1/10th of the energy to helping esr finish and
> fix CML2 to meet Linus' expectations. Face the fact: CML1 was good for
> it's time, but that time is now gone.
>
> If you spent as much time helping to get CML2 up and going as some of you
> have trying to kill it (while not offering anything constructive to replace
> it) it would have been DONE 6 months ago.

I consider CML2 an albatross now, and the maintainer does not listen to
feedback.

Contrary to what you think, I'm not trying to kill CML2. In it's
present state, according to kernel developers other than me, it is NOT
ready for inclusion. Now, by all appearances, Eric is trying to ram
CML2 down Linus's throat without resolving the problems kernel
developers have with it.

I would be happy as a clam if Eric wanted to resolve the problems -we-
have with CML1 and the config system, not just the problems he has with
it.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "I went through my candy like hot oatmeal
Building 1024    |  through an internally-buttered weasel."