Re: IDE cleanup for 2.5.4-pre3

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision-ventures.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 04:38:14 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

>Hi!
>
>>It seems bigger as it is at first glance, however if you start to read
>>it at ide.h, the rest should
>>be, well, obivous...
>>

>Ouch, its *big*. You should probably start pushing it to Jens ASAP,
>because if you'll clean up it a bit more, you'll end with really big
>patch which rewrites whole drivers/ide... [Not that it would be a bad
>thing.]

Well the atomic part of the patch is rather small if you look at it. But
in hell unfortunately there is
no way around to make the consequences smaller. I would be much happier
if it could be
done otherway around... but I see no way if one want's to preserve the
drivers in a functional state.

>My favourite cleanup would be
>
>struct ide_drive_s {} ide_drive_t;
>
>=>
>
>struct ide_drive {};
>
>and replacing all ide_drive_t with struct ide_drive...

That will happen.