Re: kbuild [which is not only ...2]

From: Giacomo A. Catenazzi (cate@dplanet.ch)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 05:06:52 EST

David Woodhouse wrote:

> cate@dplanet.ch said:
>
>> I have some comment/explications about the thread about kbuild.
>>

> The thread isn't about kbuild. It's about <omitted>. Please do not confuse
> the two or even mention them in the same mail. It only serves to promote the
> confusion.
>
> kbuild is far more obviously the right thing to do. The main objection to it
> last time I saw a discussion was that it has a performance problem in
> certain cases -- which I believe Keith is working on.

You will confise users...

Notation:
kbuild = kernel build utilities, now = 'kbuild-2.4' + 'CML1' +
Configure.help.

Thus kbuild is not only Makefiles.

Historically (and I think still in MAINTAINERS file), the
kbuild mailing list is for configurations. There was no
real maintainer of Makefiles.

        giacomo