Re: Ess Solo-1 interrupt behaviour

From: William Lee Irwin III (wli@holomorphy.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 06:13:32 EST

" Alan Cox wrote:"
>> Thats an esd bug. ESD tries to use ridiculously small fragment sizes

I'm not sure what it is, but I traded in esd, the sound card, and the
scheduler upon gaining greater insight into this.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:44:28PM +0300, Samium Gromoff wrote:
> Wait, wait, but my ISA Vibra 16 generates 20+ times less interrupts, with the
> _same_ esd!

A lot of it is the hardware. I haven't looked very hard at the drivers,
but my time/money tradeoff seemed to scream "just get new hardware you
don't have time to look at the code down there". Maybe someone else does...

Any volunteers? I'd at least be willing to run tests. I've seen this too.

Cheers,
Bill