st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.

From: Glover George (dime@gulfsales.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 12:57:07 EST

I've been experiencing mysterious lockups since upgrading to kernel
2.4.17. Looking in the /var/log/messages I hadn't seen anything
suspicious until now. I guess the machine hasn't had time to write this
to disk except every now and then. The message

Feb 19 11:29:55 butler kernel: st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes.

I notice this after rebooting after the crash. So I tried manually
doing a tar to the tape drive and was able to successfully lock the
machine up. Can someone help me understand this and if it is simply a
limit problem, why would the machine lock up?

Thank you.

Glover George
Systems/Networks Admin
Gulf Sales & Supply, Inc.