Re: 2.4.18-pre9-mjc2 compile errors

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 16:03:41 EST

On 18 Feb 2002, Michael Cohen wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't in too great of a mood. Didn't mean to sound *that*
> rough. Anyways, I had just started using bitkeeper, and the change
> didn't get committed properly, so it fell out of my bk tree when I made
> the patch. It had been tested mostly though. I started using a much
> more inclusive test .config though; and I'll have a working next
> release. Take a look at how well 2.5 currently compiles though =)
>
> Fix is to remove the function __find_page_nolock from mm/filemap.c.

And after it compiles and depmod lists all the symbols which aren't
exported you rewite ksyms.c with:
/* all the crap missing from mjc2 */
EXPORT_SYMBOL(blkdev_varyio);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(pidhash_bits);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(pidhash_size);

Some of which is cruft you inhereted which will be fixed in 2.4.28-rc77, I
think one you created yourself.

Since the test machine take ~100min to build a kernel, I have just
finished the build and will boot Friday, assuming that rc3-mjc1 or so
isn't out.

for the record, 2.4.18-pre9-mjc1 did not run as well on the small machine
test as just rmap-12e+K3. I was hoping the preempt in mjc1 would make it
more responsive. I have a new test for thread handling, I want to run
that, and maybe Thursday I'll get to try all of these on SMP and large
memory systems.

Soon I have to write all this stuff up...

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc