Re: sis_malloc / sis_free

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@transvirtual.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 11:43:57 EST

> I would suggest 'duplicating' this code (yes, I *do* hate
> duplicating codes) or making that memory allocation code *really* shared
> between both modules (or we won't be able to successfully compile it,
> since the DRM code is on drivers/char/drm and the FB code is on
> drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c).

I agree it is strange to have the DRM code in drivers/char. It should be
in drivers/video. I guess in time. As for DRI and FB sharing code. You
will see this happen more and more in the future. Eventually I like to
merge both interfaces into one universal interface, but before I do that
the whole fbdev layer needs to be cleaned up which I'm doing now.