Please help me with newer 2.4.xx

From: Riot777 (riot777@skrzynka.pl)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 12:04:51 EST

  Dear Linux Kernel community pleez help me I have some serious problem with
2.4xx newer kernels and my softmodem Motorola sm56 driver compabilyty.
The problem is in the kernells from 2.4.8 to 2.4.14/16/17 becouse I've been
using this kernells and report that issue.
Modem run good on older kernells 2.4.1 to 2.4.5 last is standard for my
distribution Slackware 8.0.
But on newer kernels like 2.4.8 - newest 2.4.17 the driver doesn't work maby
this is becouse new memory architecture.
I don't really know what is the problem but problem lays in newer kernels .
Driver is a closed source drv in program which is making a module cold
sm56.o
after typed command.
Motorola says the driver is fully functional and they can't help me becouse
company discounted from softmodem buisness. And the driver only works on
kernels 2.4.xx .
But the drivers works fine on oldre kernells why on newer they doesn't ?
The kernel developers/hackers are the only pepole which could help me and
other users of this modem.
Please send me solution or patch for this issue on my email
riot777@skrzynka.pl
Help me please maby somebody could tell this Marcelo Tossati , maby anybody
can
do some patch ???
Maby is somebody in community who could help me pleez I'm in despair.

With very best wishes Riot777

--
This mail was sent by Riot777
Linux Registered User #252508