Re: A simple patch for SIS (documentation and kbuild)

From: Thomas Winischhofer (tw@webit.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:53:22 EST

Cesar Suga wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
>
> > +SiS 300/540/630
> > +CONFIG_DRM_SIS
> > + Choose this option if you have a SIS 300, 540 or 630 graphics card.
> > + If M is selected, the module will be called sis.o. AGP support is
> > + required for this driver to work.
>
> > Before posting patches you'd better inform yourself.
>
> > AGP is *not* required.
>
> Ah, sorry. I didn't notice __MUST_HAVE_AGP to be zero. I'll take
> care.

I'd recommend the following dependencies:

Rule 1:
If SiS DRM is selected, SiS framebuffer *MUST* be selected as well

Rule 2:
If SiS framebuffer is a MODULE, SiS DRM *MUST* be a MODULE, too

Rule 3:
If SiS DRM is compiled into the kernel (which I don't recommend), sisfb
*MUST* be compiled into the kernel, too.

(SiS framebuffer can be inside the kernel, in this case DRM can be a
module)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer