Re: socket API extensions workgroup at OpenGroup needs HELP

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 17:57:04 EST

> Interested people should contact the working group co-chairs for details
> about how to join the effort:
> David Edmondson (david.edmondson@sun.co) or
> Satya Sharma (ssharma@us.ibm.com)
>
> The URL of the OpenGroup Interconnect Software Consortium is:
> http://www.opengroup.org/icsc/

Yea, yea. The little problem here is that TOG is not getting it.
When I see a website that says "Employees of member companies should
send mail to the Consortium Administrator requesting access to the
Member area.", I sure as hell is not getting a hardon about working
on "overtaking Winsock" (and why exactly would we want to copy
broken attempts to embrace and extend? Perhaps you should talk to
a certain <i>monkey lover company</i> about it).

I would not mind to participate in something more open.
If anyone has a suggestion of a mailing list which works
in a way of tcp-implementors, but on the topic of socket API
extensions for Infiniband, then I am interested.

-- Pete