more detailed information about the AMD 1.6+ GHz MP smp-problem with latest kernel

From: mw@suk.net
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 05:21:51 EST

Dear list members,

As I've posted a message before not including detailed information about the system, I'm now
posting with very detailed information looking for help to get everythign fixed ;-)

Motherboard: ASUS A7M266-D, AMD-760MPX
CPU: AMD Athlon 1600+ 266 FSB
RAM: DDRAM, 512 MB, PC266 ECC registered

The system is a RedHat 7.2 linux installation ... I've first attempted with the included SMP-kernel
which didn't work. Then updated the system with the latest RedHat-build kernel ... rebooted,
SMP-kernel still didn't work. So I saw the last chance in building my own kernel, included some
multi-cpu stuff. The system hang after detecting the 2nd CPU ...

Anybody can provide help to make the 2 CPU's work? ;-)

Cu,
mw