Re: linux kernel config converter

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 08:21:51 EST

Erik Andersen wrote:
> I like this. It's simple, its clean, and it keeps all the
> information in one spot. I think we can go a bit farther here
> and add in a list of the .c files that enabling this feature
> should add to the Makefile (per the current
> obj-$(CONFIG_FOO) += foo.o
> stuff in the current Makefile).

Hey, you're skipping ahead to the cool chapters!

Seriously, yep, that's exactly where we eventually want to be: all
config, makefile, and help text info in one place. To add a new net
driver, I want to be able to simply add two files, driver.c and
driver.conf, and be done with it.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "Why is it that attractive girls like you
Building 1024    |  always seem to have a boyfriend?"