Re: linux kernel config converter

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@bytesex.org)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:22:08 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > You can do that with CML1 or his code. The problem is that you need to
>
> I think I am stumbling over semantics... I know you can turn on needed
> stuff when you say "I want CONFIG_USB_HID",
> but "I want this feature, turn on everything I need" sounded to me more
> like autoconfigurator-type stuff, which is guessing at best.

To stick with that example: CML1 knows (and tools could use that) that
CONFIG_USB_HID needs CONFIG_INPUT. But CML1 doesn't know that you also
need at a host controller driver (CONFIG_USB_UHCI for example). And
even if the config tool would know, it still wouldn't be able to pick
the correct one ...

  Gerd

--
#define	ENOCLUE 125 /* userland programmer induced race condition */