Re: HPT366: DMA errors?

From: Cesar Suga (sartre@linuxbr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 21:55:34 EST

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > through these messages when using the *original* ATA cable (never touched
> > before) or a replacement one:

> > hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> > hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

> CRC error -> cable/wiring problem. If you are using UDMA66/100 you must
> have an 80pin cable. If you are using UDMA33 and can't pin it down then
> an 80pin cable doesnt do any harm

        Yes, I am using the 80pin cable. The BP6 board has the normal IDE
controller and the HPT controller. The normal IDE controller which I said
was the common 40pin one. The DMA66 cable, certainly, is the 80 pin.

        I cannot use the 80pin cable with the normal IDE for it does not
fit. But I tried with two 80-pin cables.

        Thanks,
        Cesar Suga <sartre@linuxbr.com>