Re: HPT366: DMA errors?

From: Wessel Dankers (wsl@fruit.eu.org)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 08:44:01 EST

On 2002-02-21 23:14:11-0300, Cesar Suga wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I am using an ABIT BP6 board (SMP, 2 Celerons at 366MHz, none
> overclocked, *very* stable) which uses the HPT366 controller. I am getting
> through these messages when using the *original* ATA cable (never touched
> before) or a replacement one:
>
> hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

I got this very same error on my normal VIA ide controller with every cable
I tried until I figured out that perhaps I should like, actually compile in
the VIA driver :)

Basically, reading would go without problems but writing would give the
above error and make the controller go back to PIO mode access. I agree
that it is most likely a cable problem but I wouldn't rule out the driver a
priori.

--
Wessel Dankers <wsl@fruit.eu.org>