Re: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable

From: Aviv Shavit (avivshavit@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 06:51:43 EST

Sorry for posting to the thread so late...

Stephan von Krawczynski Writes (Thu Jan 03 2002
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0201.0/0809.html):
>> A) VM has major issues
>On all boxes I run currently (all 1GB or below RAM),
>I cannot find
>_major_ issues.

Ken Brownfield's A) and B) hit me
regularly(http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0201.0/0740.html)
(Thanks Ken for starting this enlightening thread and
to all those that contributed)

Running software I developed:
- running on 2.4.17
- accessing a large number of files
- 2GB memory
- large multiple partitions - ext2

I saw references to patches by Martin and
M.H.vanLeeuwen on this thread. Where can I get those
(hopefully with a bit of info) ?

I also saw references to 'rmap' on the 2.4.18
changelog. Is that related ?

pls. cc' me on your posts back.

Thanks
Aviv

"And all this science I don't understand,
      It's just my job five days a week"
Rocket Man, E.J.