Kernel support of socket async I/O

From: marco (marco@tux.dynu.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 11:05:41 EST

Hello Benjamin and all of the guys on the lists,
I'm pretty much interested in socket async I/O for a project at work. I
read the document at

http://lse.sourceforge.net/io/aionotes.txt

and I saw that patches are available at

http://kanga.kvack.org/~blah/aio/

I also searched linux-kernel archives for some status information, but
couldn't gain much info (other than a couple of discussion threads back in
late 1999).
What we need is a standard aio/thread-pool-in-sigwaitinfo architecture and
we wouldn't like to use select/poll.

I would also like to contribute on this project if it could somehow help
(if my boss lets me, of course ...)

I promise to narrow the distribution as long as I know who to talk to!
Thanks,
Marco.

      ~
     . .
     /V\ Computers are like air conditioners.
    // \\ They stop working when you open Windows.
   /( )\
    ^`~'^