Re: setsockopt(SOL_SOCKET, SO_SNDBUF) broken on 2.4.18?

From: Raphael Manfredi (Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 17:19:42 EST

Quoting root@chaos.analogic.com from ml.linux.kernel:
:This came up a few months ago. Don't halve the size. The value was
:explained to NOT be a bug even though it doesn't make sense to us
:mortals. Just set the buffer size without reading anything. It will
:be fine. The explaination was somewhat smokey, but It seems as though
:two buffers are set aside or something like that. Just don't read
:the size. Set it and forget it.

The problem is that I don't want to shrink the buffer size, hence I need
to read the current size. Do I need to halve the returned value from
getsockopt() then?

Raphael