Re: 2.4.19-preX: What we really need: -AA patches finally in the tree

From: Martin J. Bligh (Martin.Bligh@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 20:32:06 EST

> Not to begin the flamewar, but no thanks. rmap-12f blows -aa away AFAIK
> on this P200 w/ 64MB ram.

rmap still sucks on large systems though. I'd love to see rmap
in the main kernel, but it needs to get the scalability fixed first.
The main problem seems to be pagemap_lru_lock ... Rik & crew
know about this problem, but let's give them some time to fix it
before rmap gets put into mainline ....

Martin.