Re: 2.4.19-preX: What we really need: -AA patches finally in the tree

From: Christoph Hellwig (hch@ns.caldera.de)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 02:07:12 EST

In article <200202260135.18913.Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de> you wrote:
> Without them we do _NOT_ calm the flamewar against Linux's 2.4 VM.

-aa VM is too big an uncommented - to get it into mainline someone needs
to feed it in chunks and back out obviously wrong hunks like reversing
bugfixes done in the mainline.

Other -aa parts are much saner and if no one else does it will feed big
parts to Marcelo.

> Second, it is time for the outstanding ReiserFS patches.

Maybe the reiserfs folks should submit them then?

> If we are somewhat risky we put Ingo's GREAT O(1)-scheduler in, too.

Kill source compatiblity for drivers -> no way.

        Christoph