Linux 2.4.18-ac2

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 18:18:22 EST

[+ indicates stuff that went to Marcelo, o stuff that has not,
 * indicates stuff that is merged in mainstream now, X stuff that proved
   bad and was dropped out]

Linux 2.4.18-ac2
o Fix sparc compile error (Marco Colombo)
o Fix serverworks IDE for ide=nodma (Ken Brownfield)
o w83877f watchdog compile fix on SMP (Mark Cooke)
o binfmt_elf merge error fix

Linux 2.4.18-ac1
o Merge with 2.4.18 proper
o Add missing -rc4 diff
o Use attribute notifiers to account shmemfs (me)
o Initial luxsonor LS220/LS240 driver code (me)
        | This is just setup code and only in the tree because
        | its where I keep my hacks in progress

Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac2
o Fix a corruption problem in the jfs dir table (Dave Kleikamp)
o Fix trap when extending a single extent of (Dave Kleikamp)
        over 64Gb in JFS
o NBD deadlock fix (Steven Whitehouse)
o Fix device ref counting in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
o Fix shmemfs link counting (Christoph Rohland)
o Fix potential scsi disk oops (Peter Wong)
o eepro100 carrier init fix (Jeff Garzik)
o Fix wrong kfree in netrom stack (Tomi Manninen)
o Add TI1250 inits to ZV bus support (me)
        | Zoom video now works on the IBM TP600 at least..
o Fix off by one on loop devices limit (Heinz Mauelshagen)
o Improve handling of psaux open with no mouse (Christoph Hellwig)
        present
o 3COM 3c359 token ring driver (Mike Phillips)
o Fix a case where hpfs didnt set block size (Chris Mason)
        early enough
o Remove use of lock_kernel in softdog driver (me)
o Make olympic driver use spinlocks not (Mike Phillips)
        lock_kernel
o Fix type of detected devices in md.c (Jakob Kemi)
o Changes and defconfig update (Niels Jensen)
o PNP BIOS driver updates (Thomas Hood)
o Turn off excess printks in pnp quirk reporting (Andrey Panin)
o Add documentation for ITE I2C (Steven Cole)
o Add documentation for other zoran cards (Steven Cole)
o Add an SC520 watchdog, and enable wd8387ff (Scott Jennings)
o Cleaned up and fixed some SC520 watchdog bugs (me)
        | Scott - can you double check these
o Fix return on generic lib/string.c memcmp (Georg Nikodym)
o Further zoom video cleanups (me)

Linux 2.4.18rc2-ac1
o Merge with 2.4.18rc2
o Ignore i810 modem codecs (me)
o Core of address space accounting code (me)
        | Enforcement, ptrace and some shmem corner bits to do
* Fix security hole in shmfs (me)
o Fix various bits of 64bit file I/O in shmem (me)
o Merge with rmap12f (Rik van Riel and co)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac4
o SIS IDE driver update (handle with care) (Lionel Bouton)
o First set of I2O endian cleanups (me)
o Make i2o_pci.c 64bit/BE clean (me)
o Maybe fix crash on i2o scsi abort/reset paths (me)
o Make i2o use the passed scsi direction flag (me)
o Fix awk failure path in menuconfig (Andrew Church)
o Merge varies doc updates (Steven Cole)
o Add serial support for the Lava Octopus-550 (Jim Treadway)
o OPL3SA2 cleanup (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Add missing blkdev_varyio export (Todd Roy)
o Update Changes file, config and experimental (Niels Jensen)
        checks
o Fix highmem warning in aacraid (Andrew Morton)
o Make tpqic02 use new style request region (Marcus Alanen)
o Only turn off mediagx/geode TSC on 5510/5520 (me)
        | From information provided by Hiroshi MIURA
o Massively clean up the AGP enable and bugfix it (Bjorn Helgaas)
o Fix oops if you try to use the RW wq locks (Bob Miller)
o Remove FPU usage in neomagic fb (Denis Kropp)
o Merge IBM JFS (Steve Best, Dave Kleikamp,
                                         Barry Arndt, Christoph Hellwig, ..)
o Updated sis frame buffer driver (Thomas Winischhofer)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac3
o Clean up various macros and misuse of ; (Timothy Ball)
* Correct procfs locking fixup (Al Viro)
o Speed up ext2/ext3 synchronous mounts (Andrew Morton)
o Update IDE DMA blacklist (Jonathan Kamens)
o Update to XFree86 DRM 4.2 (compatible to 4.1) (Rik Faith,
        and adds I830 DRM Jeff Hartmann,
                                                         Keith Whitwell,
                                                         Abraham vd Merwe
                                                         and others)
o IBM Lanstreamer updates (Mike Phillips)
o Fix acct rlimit problem (I hope) (me)
        | Problem noted by Ian Allen
o Automatically set file limits based on mem size (Andi Kleen)
o Correct scsi reservation conflict handling (James Bottomley)
        and add the scsi reset api code
o Add further kernel docs (me)
o Merge to rmap-12e (Rik van Riel and co)
        |merge patch from Nick Orlov
o Small fix to the eata driver update (Dario Ballabio)

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac2
o Nat Semi now use their own ident on the Geode (Hiroshi Miura)
* Put #error in two files that need FPU fixups (me)
* Correct a specific mmap return to match posix (Christopher Yeoh)
* Add Eepro100/VE ident (Hanno Boeck)
o Add provides for DRM to the kernel make rpm (Alexander Hoogerhuis)
* Fix a problem where vm86 irq releasing could be (Stas Sergeev)
        missed
o EATA and U14/34F driver updates (Dario Ballabio)
o Handle EMC storage arrays that report SCSI-2 (Kurt Garloff)
        but want REPORT_LUNs
o Update README, defconfig, remove autogen files (Niels Jensen)
o Add AFAVLAB PCI serial support (Harald Welte)
* Fix incorrect resource free in eexpress (Gianluca Anzolin)
o Variable size rawio optimisations (Badari Pulavarty)
* Add AT's compatible 8139 cardbus chip (Go Taniguchi)
o Fix crash with newest hpt ide chips (Arjan van de Ven)
* Fix tiny SMP race in pid selection (Erik Hendriks)
o Hopefully fix pnpbios crash caused by early (me)
        kernel_thread creation

Linux 2.4.18pre9-ac1
o Initial merge of DVD card driver (Christian Wolff,Marcus Metzler)
        | This is just an initial testing piece. DVB needs merging
        | properly and this is only a first bit of testing
o Random number generator support for AMD768 (me)
o Add AMD768 to i810 driver pci ident list (me)
o Initial AMD768 power management work (me)
        | Unfinished pending some docs clarifications
o Fix bugbuf mishandling for modular es1370 (me)
* Fix up i2o readl abuse, post_wait race, and (me, Arjan van de Ven)
        some deadlock cases
* Added cpu_relax to yam driver (me)
* Fixup AMD762 if the BIOS apparently got it wrong(me)
        (eg ASUS boards)
* MP1.4 alignment fixup
o pcwd cleanup, backport of fixes from 2.5 (Rob Radez)
o Add support for more Moxa cards to mxser (Damian Wrobel)
o/* Add remaining missing MODULE_LICENSE tags (Hubert Mantel)
o Fix floppy reservation ranges (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Fix max file size setup (Andi Kleen)

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac3
o Fix a wrong error return in the megaraid driver (Arjan van de Ven)
* FreeVXFS update (Christoph Hellwig)
+ Qnxfs update (Anders Larsen)
o Fix non compile with PCI=n (Adrian Bunk)
o Fix DRM 4.0 non compile in i810 (me)
o Drop out now dead CLONE thread/parent fixup (Dave McCracken)
* Make NetROM incoming frame check stricter (Tomi Manninen)
* Use sock_orphan in AX.25/NetROM (Jeroen PE1RXQ)
o Pegasus update (Petko Manolov)
o Make reparent_to_init and exec_usermodehelper (Andrew Morton)
        use set_user, fix a tiny set_user SMP race
o Mark framebuffer mappings VM_IO (Andrew Morton)
o Neomagic frame buffer driver (Denis Kropp)
        - Needs FPU code fixing before it can be merged
o Hyperthreading awareness for MTRR driver
o Correct NR_IRQ with no apic support (Brian Gerst)
* Fix missing includes in sound drivers (Michal Jaegermann)

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac2
* i810 audio driver update (Doug Ledford)
o Early ioremap for x86 specific code (Mikael Pettersson)
        | This is needed to do things like apic/dmi detect early enough
o Pentium IV APIC/NMI watchdog (Mikael Pettersson)
* Add C1MRX support to sonypi driver (Junichi Morita)
* Fix "make rpm" with two '-' in extraversion (Gerald Britton)
o Fix aacraid hang/irq storm on i960 boards (Chris Pascoe)
* Fix isdn audio compiler behaviour dependancy (Urs Thuermann)
* YAM driver fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
* ROSE protocol stack update/fixes (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
o Fix UFS/CDROM oops (Zwane Mwaikambo)
o Fix nm256 hang on Dell Latitude (origin unknown)
        | Please test this tree with other NM256 based boxes and check
        | those still work...
o Merge PnPBIOS patch (Thomas Hood, David Hinds, Tom Lees,
                                         Christian Schmidt, ..)
o Merge new sis frame buffer drivers (Thomas Winischhofer)
* cs46xx oops fix (Mike Gorse)
* Fix a second cs46xx bug related to this (me)
o Fix acpitable oopses on boot and other problems (James Cleverdon)
o Fix io port type on the hpt366 driver (Pete Popov)
o Updated matrox drivers (Petr Vandrovec)
* IPchains fixes needed for 2.4.18pre7
o IDE config text updates for the IDE patches (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Merge the first bits of ZV support (Marcus Metzler)
o Add initial ZV support to yenta socket driver (me)
        for TI cards
* Fix pirq routing on the CS5530 (me)
        | Finally the palmax pcmcia/cardbus works properly

Linux 2.4.18pre7-ac1
o Merge with 2.4.18pre7 (Arjan van de Ven)
        | + some quota fixups redone by me
        | several 18pre7 netfilter bugs left unfixed for now
o Rmap-12a (Rik van Riel and co)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac2

o Re-merge the IDE patches (Andre Hedrick and co)
* Fix check/request region in ali_ircc and lowcomx(Steven Walter)
        com90xx, sealevel, sb1000
* Remove unused message from 6pack driver (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix unused variable warning in i60scsi (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix off by one floppy oops (Keith Owens)
o Fix i2o_config use of undefined C (Andreas Dilger)
* Fix fdomain scsi oopses (Per Larsson)
* Fix sf16fmi hang on boot (me)
o Add bridge resources to the resource tree (Ivan Kokshaysky)
* Fix iphase ATM oops on close in on case (Till Immanuel Patzschke)
* Enable OOSTORE on winchip processors (Dave Jones, me)
        | Worth about 10-20% performance
* Code Page 1250 support (Petr Titera)
* Fix sdla and hpfs doc typos (Sven Vermeulen)
o Document /proc/stat (Sven Heinicke)
* Update cs4281 drivers (Tom Woller)
        | Fixes xmms stutter, remove wrapper code
        | handle tosh boxes, allow record device change
        | trigger wakeups on ioctl triggered changes
+/o/X Fix locking of file struct stuff found by ibm (Dipankar Sarma)
        audit
o Use spin_lock_init in serial.c (Dave Miller)
* Fix AF_UNIX shutdown bug (Dave Miller)

Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

o 32bit uid quota
o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
                                                         William Irwin etc)
* Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
* Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
* Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
        sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
        esssolo1, sonicvibes
* tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
o Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
* generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
        too
* Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
* Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
        | Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
* Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
* Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
* Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
* Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
* Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
* Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
o ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2c_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
* Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
* Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
o Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
* ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
* Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
* Fix PLIP (Niels Jensen)
o Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
* Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)