Re: Change that to an NTFS bug not loopback

From: Richard Russon (rich@flatcap.org)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 19:03:20 EST

Hi Barubary,

> I tried to mount a 20 meg ISO from an NTFS partition mounted read-only and
> it glitched. It has nothing to do with the size of the file. I would've
> checked smaller files if I had mkisofs handy, which I didn't when I tried
> it.

Reading through the thread, I've just tried everything you have.
I've used 2.4.18-rc4. I've first mounted an NTFS partition. Within
that I've mounted

1a) Another NTFS partition (from a device) 1Gb (< 2^31 bytes)
1b) Another NTFS partition (from a device) 2.2Gb (> 2^31 bytes)
2) Another NTFS partition (from a loop device) 2.2Gb (> 2^31 bytes)
3) An ISO image (from a loop device) 20Mb (< 2^31 bytes)

Please can you clarify what's going wrong. I can't seem to get the
NTFS driver to go wrong.

If I can repeat the problem, I can probably fix it.

> Now I'm afraid that it's a known bug and I've wasted your time... :(

Don't worry. If something doesn't work, someone here will want to hear
about it (and fix it).

Cheers,
  FlatCap (Rich)
  ntfs@flatcap.org

P.S. Anton's on holiday (current NTFS maintainer), so you've got me :-)