Re: Linux 2.4.19pre1-ac1

From: Jonathan Hudson (jonathan@daria.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 18:36:55 EST

In article <fa.g5iqv0v.11magge@ifi.uio.no>,
        Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

AC> What compiler firstly, and what I/O subsystem. Are you using highmem,
AC> did you build from a clean tree ?

For the pre1-ac1 problems I reported, 2.95.4 (the Debian one),
reisferfs on IDE, no highmem. The tree has been patched ('official 2.4pre/rc
+ ac only) for many versions.

Now reverted to a clean 2.4.18 (full tarball) +pre1 after the disk
hard-locked in the middle patching, requiring a power cycle.

I'm currently repeating the tests on pre1-ac2, __initial__ indications
are that the problem does NOT happen, so maybe it was the shm.