Re: Kernel module ethics.

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 20:20:30 EST

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> That said, there may be responses from others who say; "No you can't
> do that!" The FSF makes free software, etc. I won't be responding
> to those because I understand that nothing I do at work is free.

In that sense, the GPL isn't free either.

You get to use software published under the GPL in
exchange for publishing your additions and changes
to that software under the GPL as well.

If I wanted proprietary people to be able to use my
code without giving anything back to me I'd choose
the BSD license instead of the GPL.

regards,

Rik

--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
    -- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document