Re: Sync over loop devices takes ages? [2.4.17]

From: Bjorn Wesen (bjorn.wesen@axis.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 06:52:04 EST

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I have a script (attached). At one point it tries to do sync... That
> sync take a long time, with disk mostly unused. vmstat says:

> Any comments, fixes, etc?

We noticed something on a 2.4.17 machine here yesterday.. might not be
related.. but both sync and umount of a loop-mounted ext2 filesystem
caused the umount/sync process to hang in the D-state. The loop0 kernel
thread hung in the same state. And this was 100% reproducible, on THAT
box at least with that ext2 filesystem-image.

-BW