[BUG] capabilities

From: knobo@linpro.no
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 09:02:49 EST

Hi,

Dropping the capability CAP_FSETID by itself does not work (and that
is probably correct), but when I drop CAP_CHOWN, CAP_FSETID works for
the group id, but not user id. I guess this is a bug (ref
include/linux/capability.h).

It does not look like dropping the CAP_SETGID (dropping CAP_SETGID
works in combination with dropping CAP_CHOWN) and CAP_SETUID works
either. Maybe they need to be dropped in combination with some other
capability? If so, it shod be more clear in the documentation
(cabability.h).

--
Knut Olav Bøhmer
         _   _