Re: disk transfer speed problem

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linuxdiskcert.org)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 12:14:13 EST

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 08:51:44PM -0800, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > What is more useful is the cat /proc/ide/ide0/config !!!
> > Oh and for those not reading this email, it is a side note on why the ide
> > proc-pci interface had best be left alone and in tact.
>
> And lspci -xxx is insufficent because?

You and I know it is the functional equivalent; however, in development of
driver it is more practical and faster to issue

echo PXX:YY > config

setpci XX.YY.Z blah blah ...

So if there is a real issue with its presense, apply a uuid test for
access. Everything else has it so this should too.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
Linux Disk Certification Project Linux ATA Development