Re: wvlan_cs in limbo?

From: Peter Hutnick (peter@fpcc.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 23:01:29 EST

On Thursday 28 February 2002 03:29 pm, Jason Cook wrote:
> * Peter Hutnick (peter@fpcc.net) wrote:

> > > I don't understand why you think that pcmcia-cs is not for use in 2.4.
> > > I use it on my laptop, which was just recently moved to 2.4.17.
>
> From what I understand the wvlan_cs driver is being phased out and
> replaced by the much improved orinoco_cs driver.

I guess "improved" is somewhat subjective. It doesn't work with my card :-(

The wvlan_cs driver is in the current pcmcia-cs package, but isn't built with
"make all." I'm "just an end user" so I am not really cut out for figuring
out how to build it manually.

Too bad there is no pcmcia-cs mailing list :-(

Guess I'll stick with the working stuff that came with my distro and try the
main tree kernel again around 2.4.21.

-Peter