Re: Congrats Marcelo,

From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 04:30:01 EST

Marcelo writes:

> I think its not possible to distribute crypto stuff in the stock kernel.
> Am I wrong?

Some years ago I submitted a patch to include the loop device
in the default kernel, and that generated a lot of mail explaining
why this would lead to terrible problems. But Linus took the patch
and I have not heard of political problems.

Nobody knows for sure, and the rules are unclear, but for the time
being maybe it suffices to judge submissions on technical merit,
without worrying too much about politics.

Andries