Re: Network Security hole (was -> Re: arp bug )

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 15:52:07 EST

> My general contention is that the system should, by default, behave as
> non-experts would expect, but this might be a point where we can't
> agree.

It does 8) You plug it into the network, you select the defaults in the
installation menu, you run mozilla and up comes a web site. Anything beyond
that is not non-expert.

If you want to go into the innards of the routing/arp stuff you might want
to move this to netdev@oss.sgi.com - thats the network folks list and many
of them don't read linux-kernel.

Alan