Re: hard drive UDMA weirdness

From: Michiel van de Garde (garde@benben.com)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 11:54:34 EST

On Sun, 2002-03-03 at 17:40, David Madore wrote:
> Hi.

> computer and not on another, whereas they run the same version of
> Linux and have near-identical motherboards and BIOS versions.]
>
> [Detailed hardware configuration is given at bottom.]

<snip>
Since you didn't mention it I assume you haven't tested the ide cables.

Did you try changing the cables?

I myself have been experiencing problems that were related to a faulty
ide cable which looked fine on the surface. The kernel will try
resetting ideX continuously causing (in my case) filesystem corruption
in the end... It's not a pretty sight.

Michiel van de Garde
Parser Consultancy
w: www.parser.nl
e: garde@parser.nl

--
"I do not require that my work be confirmed by observation. It is enough
that it fit well enough that everyone believes it to be right."